HoMedics Shiatsu Max 2.0 Review
This is perhaps the most comfortable massage chair you’ll ever sit on. The adjustable height and width plus the soft padding prepare you for the incredible relaxation that’s to follow when you switch the chair on. If you spend a lot of time working at your computer, have constant back pain or you bend down a lot when working, you’ll love it.
The HoMedics Shiatsu Max 2.0 massager provides up to 80% coverage for your back, shoulders and neck. You can adjust the chair’s width, height and headrest to ensure you are as comfortable as you would be in a spa.
There are a 14 massage programs available that you can mix and match depending on your needs. These include a shiatsu massage mode and a rolling massage mode.
If you find professional massages to be too expensive but don’t want to give the up, this electric shiatsu massager is exactly what you need. You can set it up almost anywhere there is a chair and it’s super easy to use.
HoMedics Shiatsu Max 2.0 review
What I like
- Great performance
- Easy to set up and use
- Vibrating function
- Flexible fit
What I don’t like
- No intensity settings
- No auto shutoff function
What are you buying?
1. Double Massage Nodes and Upper Thigh Vibration Massage
The HoMedics shiatsu massage chair uses double massage nodes to cover as much area as possible on your neck and back. The wider coverage provides deeper relaxation and better pain relief.
Unlike most massage chairs, this one doesn’t cover just your back; it also stretches to the seating area where it targets your upper legs with vibration massage. So if your legs or thighs are also feeling sore after a long day standing up or walking, this chair will help.
2. Multiple massage programs
There are 14 different massage modes that you can set using the controller. Here are the main ones.
- Shiatsu massage – this mode simulates the deep kneading circular finger movements of a professional shiatsu masseuse. Great for pain relief and reducing stiffness.
- Rolling massage – this is a more gentle form of massage. The massage balls gently roll up and down your back. Great for relaxing and reducing fatigue.
- Spot shiatsu – this focuses the kneading nodes on a specific point. It’s great when there is a certain area where you are feeling more pain or stiffness.
- Vibration massage – this provides vibration therapy for your upper legs and thighs. Great for reducing fatigue, increasing blood flow and improving muscle and nerve function.
- Heat therapy – a heat button activates an integrated heat feature that warms up the seat. It’s great for pain relief and relaxation. Note that a massage mode must be on for the heat to come on.
3. Adjustable chair
Most massage chairs only allow height adjustment. With the Homedics Max 2.0, you can adjust the seat in a whole lot of ways for full comfort.
You can adjust the height of the massage rollers as well as the width between them. So if you have a broader back, you can increase the width and if you are tall you can set the balls to travel higher.
The headrest is also adjustable.
How easy is it to use?
One of the best features of this chair is the adjustable fit. You can easily change the width, height and headrest position. Regardless of your height or body size, you’ll always be comfortable.
The chair is easy to set up. Using the adjustable strap, you can position it on any chair including the sofa (secure it against the cushion), office chair or dining chair.
The controller is easy to use, with all the functions and settings clearly laid out. It’s easy to shift between modes and change vibration intensity.
When you are done enjoying your massage, use the attached hanging loop to store it in your wardrobe or on a hook using a hanger.
What accessories are included?
No accessories are included with this item nor do you need to buy any.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Includes vibrating function.
- Highly flexible fit.
- No intensity settings for the shiatsu massage (only for the vibration massage).
- No auto shutoff function.
Anything else you should know?
Avoid this massage chair if you are pregnant or on medication that slows down your reaction time. Also don’t use it when drunk or on any recreational drug.
If you have a serious health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease or thrombosis, ask for your doctor’s advice first.
Make sure you read the instruction manual and follow the setup and usage instructions to avoid unnecessary risks.
This is perhaps the most comfortable massage chair you’ll ever sit on. The adjustable height and width plus the soft padding prepare you for the incredible relaxation that’s to follow when you switch the chair on.
If you spend a lot of time working at your computer, have constant back pain or you bend down a lot when working, you’ll love it.
Where to buy?
- Amazon UK: Click here for today’s price